I have their IP

Thread: I have their IP

I have their IP

ok it is easy to get someones IP right. I am able to do that, but once i have their ip i duno what to do. I was wondering wtf can i do once i have someones ip?? Thx to all those computer genius's out there that help me.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Moved thread from: Antionline: How Do I?**

Note: Antionline: How do I? is for questions about Antionline itself, like how to delete threads, move threads, etc.

As for your question, why would you want to do anything with the IP? What's your intent?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

If you have their IP address, you can communicate with them.
    If they have a web server running, just enter the address into your browser and
    you can view their web page. Likewise, if they are running a telnet server,
    open a command prompt and type telnet <address> and it will prompt you
    to log in. Same with ftp. If they are not running any of the commonly used services, they
    are probably not interested in communicating.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

ok it is easy to get someones IP right. I am able to do that, but once i have their ip i duno what to do. I was wondering wtf can i do once i have someones ip?? Thx to all those computer genius's out there that help me.

It's not always that easy to obtain someones ip (routers and proxys etc...). I think rcgreen's response to your second question is sufficient. Like MsM said what is your wanting to do? This would help us out in guiding you twoard what you wanna do, as there are any number of things that you can do with an ip address.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Allow me to give you a little example, maybe this will answer your question.

Imagine the following.

IP number = house address.
    house address = computer

What can someone do who has your ip number = what can someone do who has your homes address.

Simple isnt it?

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"