Thread: SmartCards

Question SmartCards

L33th4x0Rs:

I have a new found facination. I am looking for knowlege and software to help me better understand and experiment with smartcards. Any and all help is appreciated. Thankx.

The Iceman Cometh
    What do you want to understand about smartcards? How they work? What manufacturers exist? What their uses are? Give some more informationa about what you're looking for. (Also, I suggest searching Google to look for the information first, since most people will direct you to sites they find on Google).

Furthermore, in terms of experimentation, all you need is a smartcard and a smartcard reader if you want to experiment with smartcards.

AJ

This link might be a good place to start
    http://www.infosyssec.org/infosyssec/secsmc1.htm
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

We use CAC cards; I work on a DOD network. They contain everything about you including medical records if the user warrants the service but mainly it contains encryption for email. AD log in still requiring a pin (crackable with about 7 focused years) also contains a fingerprint and other user specific data.

Smile Smart cards

If only they made us smarter......
    I am just getting one from THE COMPANY and will be doing all the research that I can on the company website. I know that they carry a lot of personal information. (In this company you have to practically give up your DNA to get to any security sites.....alas, some of the 'secure' information is often breached). I also have a programmer friend that has worked with these. I'll check in with her, but please post any relevant info if you can.
    \"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion.

Cool

Well, let me try this again. As for the smartcards, what you need is the prog that states what is disregard info and what is treated as full fact. Reagardless of where it is or what it does, you can bet the Old man has a hand in the ****...nyway...long day....Look, get the data for what is relevant to particular metrics for use. otherwise all you are studying is fingerprints in an elephant shop. Google or (God forbid, but it's still there,...Ask Jeeves)....Good POC is NSA R&D pages...Dry and tasty, as usual...
    Well, let's see how many neg points that one gets me!!!
    Good Luck...

Well, let me try this again. As for the smartcards, what you need is the prog that states what is disregard info and what is treated as full fact. Reagardless of where it is or what it does, you can bet the Old man has a hand in the ****...nyway...long day....Look, get the data for what is relevant to particular metrics for use. otherwise all you are studying is fingerprints in an elephant shop. Google or (God forbid, but it's still there,...Ask Jeeves)....Good POC is NSA R&D pages...Dry and tasty, as usual...
    Well, let's see how many neg points that one gets me!!!
    Good Luck...
    [glowpurple]Outside of a dog, a book is man\'s best friend...[/glowpurple] [gloworange]inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read...- [/gloworange] [shadow]Groucho Marx[/shadow]