Thread: IPs do u need a DC?

IPs do u need a DC?

k

If you want to get an IP of someone... you should simply just ask them...
    If that is not an option, DC to them (assuming you are taking about IM software) and then use the netstat -an command. It must be a DC, or you will just come up with the IM server.

To get an IP of a website... get to command prompt, and type

ping www.nameofwebsite.com

it will relply something like what is below... but with the x.x.x.x being the ip address of the website.

Pinging www.nameofwebsite.com [x.x.x.x] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=241
    Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=241
    Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=241
    Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for x.x.x.x:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 28ms
    You may want to think about learning the TCP/IP suite and the OSI model.
    These types of things will be much easier to understand and will become a nobrainer for you.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

To get someons IP on AIM yes you do need to be directly connected. Then in your dos prompt type in netstat -n and there should be their ip there. It should be something like this 172.172.172.1:4443 the default port for direct connection is 4443. Well there u go.

Please note that the ping command will fail against many servers these days. Ping sends a particular type of packet (ICMP) which is blocked by many firewalls on the internet today.

A good command to get an IP from a website URL is nslookup. Get a command prompt and type

nslookup www.nameofwebsite.com

You'll see something like this:

Server: nameserver.yourisp.com
    Address: x.x.x.x

Name: hostname.nameofwebsite.com
    Address: y.y.y.y
    Aliases: www.nameofwebsite.com

The item you are looking for, the IP of the website server, is y.y.y.y in the above output.

- Qualm

k, i was PM'ed and told that is a not so good idea to post these types of questions or else i'll get my acct banned. so i am gonna ask u to stop responding. thanx.