We're adding Security News and Products to the main page

Thread: We're adding Security News and Products to the main page

We're adding Security News and Products to the main page

As you'll be seeing later today, we're adding a box for Security News and Security Products to the main page. The news comes from various sources including our own sites, and the products are both submitted by third parties and gathered by our editors. We are not choosing products based on advertisers, so if you know of any products that should be added, send a note to gwinfield@jupitermedia.com and he'll take a look at adding them to the site. Same with Security news--if you see something newsworthy, send a note to phernandez@jupitermedia.com so he can add it to our news page.
    Thanks,
    intmon

Sounds like a terrific idea, not so sure on the products part though.

<edited>

Now that i have seen the products out on the front page, i really dont like it. Security news site's are great though.

Just my thought's.

ooh I dunno framework... the products don't seem that bad... at least the implementation of the products and news section is fairly unobtrusive - look at it this way - it could have been splashed all over the front page instead of a list of links . I've had a look at some of the products and at least they're in line with the security flavour of AO. I think Intmon and colleagues have done a good job and lets face it - it's a good idea.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

at least the implementation of the products and news section is fairly unobtrusive - look at it this way - it could have been splashed all over the front page instead of a list of links . I've had a look at some of the products and at least they're in line with the security flavour of AO.
    You have a point there, but like i said in my post i like the security news sites. And yes it was a good idea, but im sticking to my post, i still dont like the products list. I disagree it does take up a smidge of room. ....thats nothing compared to what some companies do when they acquire a new site, so on that note.

Flash M0nkey
    Def unobtrusive I hadn't even noticed them till now - lol
    then again i could prolly nav AO with my eyes closed by now

v_Ln

I gotta agree with Framework. I think that the Products box should only be in the homepage, not throughout the site. As for the security news, I think it's clever to put them throughout the site so more people will get to read them and maybe under each info, a sentence or two briefly describing the info.
    Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Holla
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein