I have their IP

Thread: I have their IP

I have their IP

Ok this person keeps trying to hack my computer. Ok I have their IP right. The only problem is that I dunno what to do now that i have their ip. If you could help me to lead me in the right direction on how to get into this persons computer or at least scare them to the fact that they wont want to try and hack my computer again. so i was wondering nw tht i have thier ip how i can hack them or just scare the **** out of them. Thanks to all those computer genius's out there that help me w/ my problem.

everyone on AO will just tell you to contact their ISP and maybe your local law enforcement agency... none of wich will care much about your situation... the best thing to is secure your machine, and hope thety lose interest...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

First, don't assume that just because you claim they keep trying to hack your computer, that anyone will believe you. Second, don't assume that anyone in these forums will help you hack them back or scare them.

Go to arin.net and type their IP into the "Whois Help" input at the top of the page. That will tell you who the IP is registered to, and/or their ISP. On that page should be listed an email address where you can report abuses such as suspected hacking attempts. Send a detailed e-mail to that address, with any log files if you have them, specific dates and times if you don't. Let their ISP deal with them. Meanwhile, block their IP in your firewall (you do have a firewall right?).

in case you don't follow up on your own posts i must inform you that your last post was moved from this forum into gcc because this subject matter has got nothing to do with the site - which is what this forum has been designated for.

you say that they are trying to ``hack'' your computer, yet you want to know how to ``hack'' their computer. so how do you know that they are trying to ``hack'' yours if you don't know how to / what ``hacking'' a computer involves???

lead you in the right direction -> get a firewall, change your ip and dissappear, virtually. they won't be able to hack you if they can't find you.

if you attmpt to ``hack'' them i believe that this will only encourage them more. remember, its all fun and games until someone gets it up the arse. and with your current attitude you have it comin' atcha.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Lol thanks guy i jsut wanted to see AO's reaction to this post. I thought i would tge this kind of response. Oh well its all good.

Another way to go would be to contact your ISP and if you have a static address ask that they provide you with a new one.

Knowing nothing of "hacking" you'll most likely end up doing yourself more harm then good.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

*What (V)/\>< said! Moved!*