Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacking victim killed a young student...

Angry Hacking victim killed a young student...

Guys,

I just thought you wanted to know about this so...

This guy got crazy!!!

A Cleveland man named Biswanath Halder, who claims his Web site was destroyed by a hacker, took hostages at gunpoint on the campus of Case Western Reserve University on Friday. Tragically, the hacking victim killed a young postgraduate student at the university, Norman Wallace aged 30, and wounded two others when he fired indiscriminately in an apparent fit of rage...
    More info HERE

Bye,

DKRR

Halder, like many misunderstood geniuses...
    Damn... you'd think he'd be smart enough to at least backup his work if it was THAT important to him...

That guy is nutz.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    and what exactly do you consider "crazies"
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Angry

¿How could he be considered a geniuses? He was purely mad! If he was so smart, why couldn't he keep a job or at least do something rather than be on disability for years? And why would his "life be over" for someone hacking his website. A smart person would keep many backups of their work (like Tampa said), especially if it's taken their entire lifetime! I donno, this whole thing just sounds really weird! And a very sad loss! I feel bad for the family who's kid was shot over this BS!

~ AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

and what exactly do you consider "crazies"
    I often get called "crazy" but I am by no means insane...
    its everyone else that is insane... I'm the ONLY sane one!!!!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

¿How could he be considered a geniuses? He was purely mad! If he was so smart, why couldn't he keep a job or at least do something rather than be on disability for years? And why would his "life be over" for someone hacking his website. A smart person would keep many backups of their work (like Tampa said), especially if it's taken their entire lifetime! I donno, this whole thing just sounds really weird! And a very sad loss! I feel bad for the family who's kid was shot over this BS!
    Acid: Have you ever seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind" or "PI"?
    Just cause they are considered a geniusus doesn't mean that they have common sense... or in touch with what we call "reality"...

ironically the guy with the secret to peace lost it.

as far as referring to "crazies," it's not a politically correct term, but i'll leave it at that. on the other hand, this article specifically mentions a need for psychiatric help, and the fact that the guy was on a disability pension (which could be for any # of things, from missing fingers to, you guessed it, mental health problems.)
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

TampaBay, it's no more right to make sweeping generalizations about the mentally ill than it is to make them about any other group of people. His behaviour is inexusable regardless of what type of mental illness he may have (and I will bet you anything he is either bi polar or schizophrenic) but that also does not give you the right to assume all people who suffer from disorders similar to his will behave in the same manner he did.

I really appreciate your retraction. Thank you.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

i apologize for using the term, and should have been more PC ...
    <sincere> i hope i didn't offend any-one</sincere>
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I know most people who are geniusus have a problem with fitting todays standards. But I mean I just don't understand how someone can be called a geniusus, yet seem so disconnected from reality and all of the standards that are set into place.

Phish, I have seen "A Beauitful Mind", which I thought was a very touching movie. I understand what point you are trying to get across, that's not what I'm trying to argue. I guess I just did not exactly word my post well enough. It doesn't seem that a geniusus would be going around killing people over matters like what happened, or not being able to keep a job and living off disability. Just sounds like the guy was simply out of his mind, or mentall sick, not a geniusus.

That's my view though, I am probably wrong though.

< edit > I'm sorry to whom ever is negging me over this thread. I am simply just giving my point of view of the term being used here. "ummmmm yeah, whatever" doesn't help me to understand what I'm doing wrong to upset you. </edit >
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]