Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting tools

Old Fart

Interesting tools

Thanks to the folks at TechTV I was able to find THIS interesting little collection of tools. I think what got me the most was the software that uses your modem to monitor all outgoing telephone calls and actually record the conversation on your HD (compressed or uncompressed) and EMAIL it to you in .wav format. It even captures incoming caller ID information. While you possess the ability to have the software "play" a legal disclaimer (which MAY make the recording admissible in court) this could still be a privacy nightmare. For all you cheating spouses out there, be afraid....be VERY afraid!!

Just as a little bonus (and totally unrelated) I also found Alcohol 120% and took it for a test drive. This "bad boy" will read thru literally ANY copy protection technology and allow you to exercise your fair usage rights to backup your CDs and DVDs....yes, if you have a burner it will backup your DVDS....including PLAYSTATION @ games (no mod chip needed). There is a free trial copy at the site and I seriously recommend that you give it a test drive yourself.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

OMG, I always wondered if there was something around like this, I just never had a use for it. You're absolutely right allenb - cheating spouses BEWARE!

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the show - Cheaters! Well, this tool takes the cake!

And not to downplay the other link, that sounds really interesting too. Of course, all tools of this nature are a double-edged sword...guess that's the price of technological advancement, eh?

Interesting find allenb!

Cheers,

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Anyclue if that would show up on a spyware scan of your HD?
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

Banned
    record conevrsations ha ? u got me excited man ... tx

Wow great post man. Prolly the best one here at AO I've seen so far. Well off to downloading see how this works. Later man nice post again.

SirSub: If you have the resources, you could d/l one of the tools and also d/l something like Ad-aware to check for the spyware. Then afterwards, you could post the results so we all know.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Lovely links. Talking bout caller id, maybe it can be used to also detect the source of war dialers,or dial in attempts for routers and such

Cheers for the links.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

awesome post i bookmarked the site

does anyone know if its got spyware yet? has someone scanned it. btw great find.

Very nice with that Alcohol 120% software; considering purchasing it. Might help for XBox backups.