I know we need to fight terrorism but this really ticked me off: (from BA.com)

With effect from Wednesday 5 March 2003, there will be a new law in the US which requires airlines operating services to/from the US to allow US Customs access to passenger data stored on airline booking systems. US Customs will have access to the passenger booking data. The purpose of this requirement is security. The US government believes they can withdraw some profiling data from these details. Other governments such as Australia and Canada are expected to follow suit soon after. Accordingly any information we hold about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to the customs and immigration authorities of any country in your itinerary.
Not only does this really run contrary with European DP laws, it's silly. Now why on earth would it be useful to the US govt to know that I am vegetarian or what my credit card number is (some of the details they will be passing). IMHO this seems really daft. Surely instead of passing the responsibility for risks to the US govt, our airlines should perhaps be doing something to prevent them.

BTW, I love and always fly BA because I think generally they are a really good airline, but I'm also really interested in keeping my private data private.

Rant over.

Rachel