Thread: moving a mac network

moving a mac network

A friend has asked me to move his network for him, it's not very large, 5 macs, a server and a pc. Thats all the details he gave me! I know enough about windows to handle networks and no roughly what i'm doing, but i have no idea about macs. How different are they, are there any problems that i will encounter with them that you qouldn't with windows.

Any help would be good and also if you know of any web sites that might be of particular help let us know.

Cheers

p.s. sorry for posting here but i suppose if i put it together wrong then his security may suffer and that would be a security risk. Hope thats not to big a stretch...
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

define move.

if you're just physically picking stuff up and moving it to a new office, etc. then there *shouldn't* be an issue. Just plug stuff in the same as it was before.

If there is some higher form of the word "move" that i'm unaware of, then sorry for posting a dumb solution.

Otherwise, use colored tape if you have to to remember which wire goes where, etc.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

no, nothing more than just picking them up and moving them.

cheers
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet