Thread: Mandrake woes?

Mandrake woes?

"Can't load second stage ram"

It's pretty annoying, i tried using the boot option "mem=128M" as suggested by the mdk manual... I already have 7.1 (krnl 2.2) installed on the machine and have no problems? i'm confused and am currently looking for documentation? any help would be greatly appreciated
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

are u trying to upgrade or its a fresh installation??
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

" I already have 7.1 (krnl 2.2) installed on the machine "

i dont think hes trying to upgrade.

i guess i'm upgrading? but i can't even get to that option...

when the CD 1st boots, you have two options (F1 will take you to the boot options, i think that's what it said) i used F1 (because i need lower resolutions) ... then i would use the "vgalo" option this forces the mandrake install tool into 640x480... another option (it recomends this if you have memory problems) mem=128M (obviously, if you have 128M or ram and are having troubles) but i still get the second stage ram error... i wish i had teh machine in front of me- but thats' all i can really remember (all it told me was that it was probably because of a Kernel Bug, wich is odd because krnl 2.2 works just fine)

thanx again
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

i'm not shure about a kernel bug, but ask me something How much ram do you have..?
    if only 128 MB then maybe you are sharing some megs with the video card. If so, that's why the instalation recognizes less than 128mb because you share the rest with other devices.
    xDrack

tampa,

What version of Mandrake and what sort of computer are you trying to get it onto ?

You could try a "linux ide=nodma" at the prompt and see how you go. This cured installation problems for me when I tried to squeeze Mandrake onto an older machine.