Thread: isp routing

isp routing

Hi,Im a newbie but also an oldi but Im keenas to know if my
    isp is routing my online activities to somewhere I dont need them to !!.In fact Im sure they are, ? how do I confirm this.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    *evil grin*

Most US based ISPs are participating in the Carnivore program that was developed by the FBI. Trust me on this one

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/carnivore1.htm

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Oh I think I follow the thought of this thread then... I remember that being talked about a month or so ago on here.

But that's us, the USA, what about other countries though? Aussie doesn't seem like a place to enforce something like that. But then again if other countries are coming overseas (in a sense) and connecting into our servers, then they could be tracked while here.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I can't speak for non US ISPs, however, if you traverse a US based ISP guess what happens??
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Smile isp routing

Thanks acid, yes, are they recording? Im not doing anything to bring them to my door, but
    I have been reading a lot about security and the more I read the more I realise I have to read.
    Thanks AO, and thanks "the horse 13"

Here's another interesting article for those interested: http://zdnet.com.com/2100-11-524798.html?legacy=zdnn

Just a little question, If I wanted to start a small isp for my city, would I have to install .gov spyware?

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com