Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbies: How to hide stuff on your pc

i play oracle 9i who can help me?

fak dat

it worx on basic win xp... i think
    windows update allows to access those folders with chr(255)
    i think
    for som\' **** from lithuania

So....what are all versions it works on?

Yeah, I don't think it works on NT boxes. I tried it on Win2k and NT6a, no luck.
    \"I have not failed. I\'ve just found 10,000 ways that won\'t work.\" - Albert Einstein

Originally posted here by keezel
    not sure why everyone's posting to this old thread today.......but I guess since it's already done I can post something to it. The guys in my dorm don't even know how to unhide folders that are hidden in the normal everyday way of hiding them. You right click on the folder and select "hidden". You can display hidden files by going to tools, folder options, view, show hidden files. The better way of hiding stuff is to use a program like Access Administrator, which hides files pretty well and they can't be accessed without the password. You can download that and several other nifty tools at http://www.softheap.com/. Last I checked it was still free and I like it. I think everyone should give it a try. (be careful though, I remember one of the programs from that site is a pain in the ass but I don't remember which one.....)
    -keezel
    Haha...this doesn't always work, even with complete computer retards. I've seen someone who had no idea what they were doing accidentally find hidden folders.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin

Haha...this doesn't always work, even with complete computer retards. I've seen someone who had no idea what they were doing accidentally find hidden folders.
    Don't talk about me like that Deb! heh
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill