Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virus Creation Lab

Virus Creation Lab

hey there does anyone know where I can download the virus creation lab or similar software

What is with the growing repopularty of the VCL, I mentioned it in passing in one thread (someone was asking if something like it was possable). Then an artical arrives on securityfocus about NoWhere man, and now this....
    Look you don't want VCL, it was written in the early 90's, most AV's will detect anything it make, and it mostly makes boot sector stuff. I would be suprised if it wasn't still out on the web somewhere but its prety useless at this point.

The next big question is why do you want it, useing the VCL lifts you up to the hight of scriptkiddie hood (which is a sad ending as its origional intnet was to make it easier for us to deal with leaches and the precurser to script kiddies).
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I just want a quick and easy way to test out my anti virus program i have made

LoL @ james526372001

You are a riot! You just don't get the point do you?!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

what point don't i get

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by james526372001
    I just want a quick and easy way to test out my anti virus program i have made
    Get on Kazaa. They have lots of Fizzer you can get for free...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

It is very easy to test out the AV just hit kazaa for a min and you will find a virus to infect your system with.

On a side note it works better to try the obvious and bad social engineering in the first post not after the fact.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

A antivirus test called eicar would be a start http://www.eicar.org/

If its testing your antivirus, why not download known viruses to see if your virus scaner you made can detect it. Keeping an updated signature database would be a chanlenge. Maybe seting up a system where if a new unkown or suspisious file is found the customer can send a report back to you and you could evaluate it and add the signature if needed.

We cannot and willnot provide links on how to get virus creation tools. We do not promote the use of such tools. We are all for defence here.

AO Part Timer
    Hey buddy, I tell you what. I'll send it to ya okay. But when you double click that *.zip.exe and your anti viruse program jumps out of your box cause the code I sent you isn't the VCL you crave, don't come back here and blame me okay?
    What is that smell, something burning.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

yes that is all great but i would rather create my own virus to test it out on