Thread: signall 11

signall 11

I installed freebsd 5.0 last night and everything installed smoothly except for the network part because my computer started lagging after searching for RA Server. After couple of hours, i decided to re-install it but not to configure the network. I was thinking of configuring it after
    I install everything. After installation i rebooted my box then login root and configure my network but I didn't manage to do it because freebsd was scrolling a never ending error on console while scanning for RA SERVER. I hit ctrl+alt+del to reboot and after ti rebooted my bios couldn't recogzine/read 2 of my harddrive so i decided to unplug everything including the harddrive and work on it or install everything again the next day. I tried to install it today but i keep getting the message "Signal 11- I'm saving what i can and shutting down. If you can reproduce the problem, please turn debug on in the option menu for the extra information it provides in debugging problems like this". I keep getting signal 11 before bsd writes the partition. Now I tried using FDISK to delete freebsd partition but i keep getting error and i tried booting with xp and try to delete from there but win xp was saying something about how it can't access the hdd because the previous installation wasn't complete or something similar to that. What i would like to know is if my harddrive is busted? and if there is another way of erasing freebsd partition?

maibe you should do an fdisk /mbr to remove any info placed by frebsd on the boot record

well i found the tool and fixed my problem.
    If anybody wants to test their scsi and Ide hard disk drive then go to this site http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm and check out DFT. Here's the link for user guide http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/dft32_userguide.pdf