Thread: NULL sessions

NULL sessions

have just done the following:

C:\>net use \\x.x.x.x\IPC$ "" /u:administrator
    The command completed successfully.

This is a friends computer and I want to give him a shock. What can I do?

Thanks

You said he was your friend, but do you have his permission to do anything? You make it sound as though he is unaware.

Wait you are using a command and don't know what it does? How did you come across this command to begin with and it did not have anything to label what it does?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

you've maped him as a drive, you can save and copy files but anything you attempt to 'run' will try to run on your computer. you can copy a file to the start-up folder that wil run the next time the machine reboots and hope your 'friend has a sense of humor because what your doing is now classified as a felony.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    have just done the following:

C:\>net use \\x.x.x.x\IPC$ "" /u:administrator
    The command completed successfully.

This is a friends computer and I want to give him a shock. What can I do?

Thanks
    All your doing is using the NET USE command to connect to the default IPC$ share on your friends windows NT system with no user name and password. What Your actually doing is making an anonymous connection. The syntax your using is not correct the actual syntax is
    C:\>net use \\.0.0.0.0\ipc$ password /user:administrator your syntax above will not work on your friends system.

You should get permission to do this before you attempt to have fun on your friends computer. Second I would like to know why you want to send a shock to your friend. I dont know if that command will work anyways so try trial and error.

well actually your not even making an anonymous connection, because you are defining the user as administrator. for an anonymous connection you would not define the user or a password.

NULL sessions

My friend and I are sitting on a lan gaming, thats all. We are in the same room. It's my computer he is using and I was just playing around.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    My friend and I are sitting on a lan gaming, thats all. We are in the same room. It's my computer he is using and I was just playing around.
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+

so why dont you set up NetCat before he gets there next time
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

net use \\computer\ipc$ "" /u:'' The null session....

after creating this session as an anonymous user you will be able to use the

net view \\computer

command to find some information that may or may not be useful (try it and see)

if you want to place anything in his startup which would be pretty funny if he is your friend (i do it all the time)

you should try the

net use drive letter: \\computer\c$ "" /u:administrator

command. If he has a default install of win2k you will have access to his whole c drive.

If you get really bored you might check out the hunt utility contained in the Foundstone Forensic Toolkit http://www.foundstone.com/rdlabs/too...egory=Forensic
    Don\'t hate the player... Hate the game!