Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbs, why not to run a P2P Client, such as kazaa

newbs, why not to run a P2P Client, such as kazaa

P2P is [gloworange]EXTREMELY[/gloworange] insecure, mainly because people make a direct connection to your computer or you make a direct connection to theres to download there mp3's or what not, when you make a Direct connection they can port scan you and see what ports are open if any trojans are on you, mainly just a bunch of script kiddies who think they can hack. Or if they are more skilled they can easily obtain your ip address with the Netstat -n command and take there attacks from there. there are also many other insecurites that can be explioted through kazaa or anyother p2p client such as bearshare or others, not to mention the wide spread dominance of worms, viruses, etc.... But if you run a P2P on a LAN or other type of Network its a completely different story. But if you choose to keep running a P2P client such as kazaa make sure you make a trojan sweep every other day at the least, and check your logs just to see whats goin on. Any other advice for the Newbs, or to correct my statements is appreciated.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Although your point made here is true, there have been some threads already...

Additional info in other threads here :

http://www.antionline.com/search.php...der=descending

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

ahhhhhhhh crap i thought that would happen

ahhhhhhhh crap i thought that would happen
    What than ?

i got anti points
    from u

argh, ****o I didn't gave you any, I gave you some slack.

But since you're unrightfully accusing me let me give you now some additional negs,
    so you'll see I couldn't gave you negs before.

Shrekkie, what has this thread turned into? Yer funny man...

As for the insecure P2P, if P2P is insecure and it will compromise your info, don't fricking use it... simple, eh?

You don't have a clue wot your on about you freak....you can portscan any IP at any time...you just don't always find any thing...or even an Active IP.
    As for..."Kazza can be Exploited", I'v onle ever heard of one exploit for kazaa..and thats an old one.......

as for the M/-\D L33t skilz of Netstat....Your a fool....you don't know what your on about...
    Sit down...shut up and read something.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

and now i cant delete the message

edit the first message in the thread and click delete..it'll bin the entire thread

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.