Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to share internet ? URGENT !

how to share internet ? URGENT !

Hi , NEED TO KNOW HOW DO I GO ABOUT SHARING MY INTERNET CONNECTION , ITS JUST NOT HAPPENING .NOW I OBVIOUSLY NEED TO DO THIS WITHOUT THE KNOWLEGDE OF MY ISP .NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING .THANK YOU !

do you want to share it remotly (kind of like a proxy) or locally bacause if it is locally there is nothing that your isp can do but if it is remotely it sometimes pisses them off because they are more that likely running an IDS which might detect your WAN (wide area network

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

er0k

Re: how to share internet ? URGENT !

Originally posted here by varun123
    Hi , NEED TO KNOW HOW DO I GO ABOUT SHARING MY INTERNET CONNECTION , ITS JUST NOT HAPPENING .NOW I OBVIOUSLY NEED TO DO THIS WITHOUT THE KNOWLEGDE OF MY ISP .NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING .THANK YOU !
    do you actually expect someone to just write up a long thread on how to setup an illegal WAN ? Wrong site, go to www.google.com like msmittens said if you want more info, however, if you want to setup ics on your LAN that is perfectly cool with me, what OS do you plan on running? If unix i suggest that you just buy a router, it would make things much easier and work much more efficiently, hell even for doze, except its 1000x easier on doze.

you also need to learn how to turn off caps lock.

Yes its just proper nettiquete. Plus i believe from win 98 up they have a setting to share your connection with another computer.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Banned
    Define shareing.... FTP, WAN, LAN, & ect? But I do know that if you have a high speed connection or the right cards/cabels you could easyly setup just about anything you want. And as fl34bit3 was saying, anything above a 98 like a NT based OS should handel better and sometimes it may already have things like plug and play and a bunch of server/client software. After that if you've found all of that stuff on your comp all you'd really need to worry about by then is the hardware side of setting things up.

If its just going to be something P2P like FTP then all you need to do is setup a FTP server on your comp.

Maybe hes thinking of ICS (Internet connection sharing) or NAT if you want to get fancy.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics
    http://www.homenethelp.com/ics/index.asp
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

First I would recommend to contact your ISP. Somtiems internet sharing is Illegel, and it wouldn't be a good thing if you got caught. Second it all depends on what you want to do with your internet sharing. Personally i would set up a router on your server all depends on how many computers you have and what you want to use them for.

hmmmm nice site homenethelp.com .i want to share it with a proxy . yeah like a proxy server ! like a master and slave computer.server and client !