Thread: Security Tools: From Mermaids to Suckling Pigs

Security Tools: From Mermaids to Suckling Pigs

Fyodor's list is an excellent resource, one that will repay any time and energy you can devote to it.

The author makes reference to an astounding list of 75 security tools that was listed by Fyodor - author of the indispensible tool NMAP. This is one of the most comprehensive lists I have seen around.

Full article here.

If you want to skip ahead to the list of tools, you can find the them here.

It's a must-have in my book!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Thanks for the info from a NEWBIE!!!!!!!!! Liked the article bud.
    Controvesial way are the nature of us all. Exit Controversy Enter Controverzy226 Newbie With Desire To Be the Best 05-16-2003

Banned
    i like the tools :-D

not bad this list....

I'm sorry...but hasn't this list been posted 3 times already?

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Maybe a variant has been posted, but the date of the article is 5/14 and the page it refers to on insecure.org speaks of a survey of favorite tools done in 5/03. Go figure.

And then, of course, nothing turned up for this in a search...I'm sure that someone will find it valuable.

Smile

Ninja Code Monkey
    This entire list was most likely grabbed from the security focus article that went out about it days ago. Like most content posted lately, if you are on the mailing lists for sec focus or sans, you already knew about it.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Case and point...subscribe to the lists...

I will delete the post if it's already been posted somewhere else on AO as I definitely don't want to repeat a post. You must have seen it posted somewhere here, so it seems. So, cough it up, and I will delete it.

The whole point of my posting this is to bring it to the forefront for newbies and experienced alike because it's a good list of tools. You're definitely right about the lists though. They do give you good notification. Much of the news and updates I see everyday on the site is found on lists, so should we stop posting them? What do guys think? Maybe we should just do a sticky post with a list of lists to subscribe to. Anyone?

Smile