Thread: hacked? I don't hope so...

hacked? I don't hope so...

Well, I don't exactly how, but suddenly there appeared a new local disk on my hard disk drives? It's called z:\ and cannot be opened, not even be explored... It's got a big question mark in front of it.
    Please tell me that I don't have to worry about it and that with a simple thing it can be removed...

Does anybody had an idea what it could be?
    I kinda have an idea but I hope I'm so wrong about it...

Thx,
    LB

By the way, I checked on virusses... none was found.
    I also checked my ports and it seemed that one was found open... Strange because I checked them about a week ago and then they were all fine!

could it have anything to do with the fact I just installed a printer this mourning?
    Nahhh, don't think so, but It's piece of information I forgot to mention...
    I don't see the connection between installing a printer and suddenly a new local disk called z:\

found the problem...
    Did had something to do with installing a new printer!

Question now...
    Could it hqppen that someone hacked you and installs a new local disk on your pc? Could that happen?

Greetz,
    LB

Hi,
    I am not sure but the port that you found open compare it with know backdoor ports I think there is a RFC on it, But because you said that you scanned for virus and nothing turned up i dont think there is a problem with trojans. but to be sure just get a good trojan removal tool,
    abd if you dont have one even get a firewall it will help you keep the number of programs going online under controll. well my last gues could be that if you have compressed any drive this could be its host drive.

Banned

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Very good portlist here :

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Nice link Shrekkie. I have another list, albeit not as complete. What it does have, however, is a pretty in depth description of what those ports are. Check it.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

I would have to say by installing the new printer it opened another port, and gave access through NetBIOS or something to let people print from your printer. Like a universal printer but at ur place. Lmao. Oh well i guess the only thing you can do is fix the problem and get on w/ life. -Twisted-

thx t y'all.
    Some really nice links by the way...

But I have still 1 question?
    Do HAckers sometimes install a new local disk on your pc or do will they put themselves between the program files-folder or something like that...

Greetz,

LB