Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: automatic sign in.....

automatic sign in.....

I have this really annoying problem, in msn messenger, when i was signing in, i ticked the sign in automatically button, my brothers use the computer as well, and they get in to my account because its on automatic sign in, this is very annoyin, i just wanna get rid of it, and go back too how it was, when i first installed msn messenger, can someone please help, it would be most appreciated, if its any help, i'm using msn messenger on Windows Xp.......

i even un-installed it, but its still the same. please help....
    Welcome Yousefj32uk

probably there is an entry in the regedit which you have to delete?

Banned
    Go to User Accounts in the Windows XP Control Panel (Start, Control Panel).
    On the Advanced tab, click Manage Passwords.
    In Stored User Names and Passwords, select Passport.Net\*, and click Remove.
    This does not delete your Passport, but removes its connection with your computer.

Click Close, and then click OK in the dialog box.
    Note

If you click Sign me in automatically in the .NET Messenger Service sign-in dialog box, you will reestablish the Passport you use there as the default for that computer.

Banned
    ok.... go to control panel -> User Accounts ->click on your account picture -> there you have a link called " Setup My Accounts to use a .NET passport .... look aroun there .... i dont use MSN messenger so i dont really know that muchh...hope this help ... i'll look for other ways ...

Very good Memory i think you might of did that a couple of times before. -Twisted-

Yousefj32uk,

Please, sorry if i misunderstood what you said but if what you want to do is preventing your MSN account of loging in automatically then why don't you just uncheck the option? I just can think you are using MSN 4.7 and you don't have this option right? If so just upgrade to MSN 5.0 and you'll have the option to disable the automatic log in under "Tools/Options".

Upgrading is just an option i'm giving you but there could be others as the ones the guys said above, good luck,

DKRR

Banned
    i think he means MSN windows messenger ... i dont think theres such an option ..in the log in screen :-\

DaRK-RaiDeR

thankx for your help, but there is a problem i've already got msn messenger 5.0, and i have
    unchecked the option, but there is no change, i even turned off my computer but there is no change.....please help....
    Welcome Yousefj32uk

OK,

MemorY:

1) In this page in post #4 you say: " i dont use MSN messenger so i dont really know that much...", so here you think Yousefj32uk has MSN messenger.

2) Then in post #7 you say: "i think he means MSN windows messenger..." so here you think Yousefj32uk has Windows Messenger. Please decide yourself, haha!!!

3) In post #7 again you tell me: "i dont think theres such an option ..in the log in screen :-\", but i never wrote about the log in screen, why you tell me that? I talked about "Tool/Options"... i don't understand your comment

Yousefj32uk:

Sorry but, are you sure you are looking for this option under Tools/Options? I DON'T mean in the log in screen. Open MSN Messenger 5.0, go to Tools then Options and there you will have an option that say something like "allow automatic sign in when connecting to Internet" so just uncheck that. There shouldn't be any problems with this. If not,you can try unchecking the option that say something like "launch Messenger when starting Windows", at least MSN won't start with Windows and your brothers won't login automatically. Are they small kids?, but the first option should work.

Good luck again,

DKRR

yes -DaRK-RaiDeR- i was lookin under the Tools/Options/General, and yes all the options are ticked, even the one that says "allow automatic sign in when connecting to Internet", all of them are tick, yet their is no change, it's still on automatic sign in, help please i have to delete an entry in the registry, like daTh0r said, but i don't know were to find this entry, even if it does exsist....help please....

sorry about that in the last thread, what i was trying to say was,
    maybe i have to delete an entry in the registry, like daTh0r said but even if it
    does exist i don't know where to find it, help please.....
    Welcome Yousefj32uk