Thread: help???could not connect with some sublinks in webpages

Exclamation help???could not connect with some sublinks in webpages

well.
    i have a strange problem..
    with internet explorer 5...some of the sublinks in the page doesnot get activated..
    what cld be the problem and the possible solution..
    iam feeling very uneasy with it..help me out soon

Try right-clicking on the link and pasting it into a browser to make sure it's a valid url. Or you could just open up notepad - start, run, notepad, enter - and paste the contents of the link there to look at. Let us know what you find. It may be the webserver or invalid links.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I did the same thing with IE on pupose to weed out unwanted ad & tracking sites. Your problem could be your host file, zonealarm, or even objects disabled through the registry with something like spybot.

Speaking of IE (which blows, get Opera at: http://www.opera.com), I believe the latest version of IE is IE6. So go download that, and install all of IE's patches with WindowsUpdate.

If it is still being a pain in the ass, do let us know.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
    I did the same thing with IE on pupose to weed out unwanted ad & tracking sites. Your problem could be your host file...
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

i dont think the hosts file would cause this. it would just resolve the address in the link to 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 and youd just get a page not found error. it would still appear on the web page as a valid link.

i do the same my_wan. I've attached mine, maybe you could add a few of these to your hosts file.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Actually I use MyIE2 at http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/index.htm It allows you to filter domains with wild cards. Instead of pip3.superstats.com & pip4.superstats.com it's filtered with *.superstats.com*. You can even filter subdirectories in domains without filtering the domains themselves.