Thread: Is This Normal?

Is This Normal?

I just entered the netstat -n command not to long ago and I'm not sure if the amount of established connections that I have is normal. I am on a small home network with one other computer and that other computer is the server. Here's a picture of the connections. I edited out my IP and kept the first 2 numbers of the other connections so that perhaps someone would notice something wrong. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but oh well. Here it is.

Did you edit out the port numbers? Cause we probably wont be able to help you much unless we saw a suspicious port open. And the number of connections there isnt uncommon. If you want to lessen the amount of ports open there, type services.msc in the command prompt and disable all of the services you dont need. All of the ports you have open are connected to services. Go to www.blackviper.com and familiarize yourself with each service before shutting them down. This topic has been discussed a couple of times in the last few days so my response is kinda repetitive.

Sorry, I just thought that each question on this topic would be a little bit different because some people have network connections, some don't etc. I will put the port numbers back in and update the image, thanks for your reply.

No man i didnt mean it like that, i just meant my response is very similar to some other threads that have been up here in the last few days. My bad(i should of clarified). Your question is slighty different than the others. No worries.

After looking at your ports there, this is what my ports list tells me.

80 - World Wide Web
    1214- Kazaa
    1863- MSNP
    2305 -MT-ScaleServer
    2350- psbserver
    3860- Unassigned
    5190- is America online.

You can do a quick google search and check out the less familiar ones. Although i must say nothing here looks too terribly suspicious, and none of them show up on my trojan-port list.

Thanks a lot, question: How did you look up what the ports where? Did you type it into a search engine or is there a certain site?

Google shows all.. You can obtain port lists like this one after a search.
    $pak = me;