Thread: Log In Errors

Every now and then, i log in OK, the screen appears that says "thank you for logging in [username]", but when it goes back to the homepage or i try to reply to a thread, i need to log in again as it says im not logged in. If i log in again and try to reply again, the same thing happens.

This has happened to me three times in the last month, has any1 else had these problems?

Its not a regular thing as i can do everything alright today, and its not my firewall cos thats also on now !!

When you go to edit site options, make sure "browse board with cookies" is enabled. Another thing you might wanna do is turn auto-complete on in your browser, and try accepting cookies. Let us know if this fixes it.

As i said b4, its only now and then, so it cant be the cookies as the site works fine every other time - i think its just 1 of those things

What browser are you using? I know before i switched to Mozilla that IE was giving me the same headache from time to time.

IE 6 - and the funny thing is, i logged on OK this morning, but a few hours ago my log in was successful, but when the home page kept loading, i wasnt logged in again, but its ok now - its just freakin weird !!!!!

As much as i want to blame microsoft for most problems, i am certain it has to do with the board cookies and or auto-complete. While this thread is still active though, can i convince you to switch to Mozilla ? It's so much better.