Thread: c++ books

c++ books

Hey guys,
    I did an AO search for c++ and it didnt come up with anything. I wanted to ask what good books there were for c++. Mainly for Borlands Metrowerks environment. I know this questions been asked a million times but i couldnt find it sorry. And if you guys have any links to some free Ebooks on c++. Thx.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

search for c++ ebook on any p2p software like bearshare...ull get some interesting stuff there
    buying M$ OS is like ordering a soup where u gotta pay extra for the bowl and spoon....and each time u order something new u gotta pay a huge amount for a new table!!!

also for help with any language visit www.experts-exchange.com

hi mate
    if u want my advice
    go to cplusplus.com
    the tutorials there r simplified and gr8
    next get a book and i do recommend teach urself c++(not visual c++) in 21 days
    and if u want any help go to
    cpp-home.com
    dont get urself twisted

If you want a definitive work, get

"The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup

On the other hand, it isn't for beginners, it isn't easy to read and it doesn't really explain a lot of things very well. It has many chapters about STL and algorithms, stuff that C++ programmers really should be using.

The best book is probably Teach yourself C++ in 21 days, I never read it though. I have Teach yourself Java 2 in 21 days and it's the best programming book I ever read.

Hey thanks alot guys. Im actually taking my second semester of c++ so i do know a bit about it. I'm just looking for other resources then the ones we have in class. thanks alot memorY those links helped.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Ninja Code Monkey
    You might want to look up www.codewarrioru.com (metrowerks educational site). They offer free online classes and have book reccomendations there to go along with the classes. Other than that I do reccomend 'practical c++ programming' by oreilly.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Originally posted here by slarty
    If you want a definitive work, get

"The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup

On the other hand, it isn't for beginners, it isn't easy to read and it doesn't really explain a lot of things very well. It has many chapters about STL and algorithms, stuff that C++ programmers really should be using.
    I like the combination of "The C++ programming Language" by Stroustrup and "C++ How to Program" by Deitel & Deitel. Those are probably my two favorite C++ books.