Thread: this is me spamming!

this is me spamming!

ok, sorry if this seems like im spaming or anything, but i realy need to know and i havent got any replys so far, so here i go at the risk of getting blocked...

in the interest of helping people choose the right protection for their systems in your oppinion what is the best anti-virus or firewall software and why
    out of:
    nortons
    pc-cillin
    mcAffee
    panda-soft
    klapazky
    spy-bot search and destroy
    ad-aware
    and anything i haven't mentioned here

hopefully this will help people choose an good anti-virus solution...

for AV i prefer H+BEDV AntiVir PE...this is a realy good AV it is easy to konfigure and free for personal use

i've always liked pc-cillin, its got like live virus scans and can check files for suspicious code not just check the code to a pre-defined list like everything else, so i dont know why it's not the best but hey thats just my opinion

I agree with stink, I think pc-cillin is the best

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Ugh this is covered so much times.... do a search please...

btw why didn't you add a poll ?

Here's some easy reading : Click here
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Dead Man Walking
    Okay for starters spybot and adaware are not virus scanners. Personaly i use norton anti virus and zone alarm pro. Now that thats said. If you know its a commonly asked question try seaching the forums

I use McAfee coz it updates it's self...and Outlook Firewall coz it's simple yet very powerfull and free

As for Spybot and Adaware....I think Spybot is bordering on being an AV since it removed Dialers and Hijacks which often behave in similar manner as Viruses, though technicaly not viruses but still.....also...Ad-aware can't hold a candle to Spybot. :P

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.