Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AO logo contest problem??? Opinions?

Oh good god, first you people bitch cause they didn't let anyone from the community contribute to the (admittedly hideous) blue and black logo, now you're bitching cause when they did let you contribute, they wouldn't let you decide for them. Agreed, it would have been nice if they'd stuck with the original rules, or posted that they'd changed their minds, but you have to remember they are a corporation...the days of JP running the site are over...and for that matter, how many of us would have chosen yellow and purple if JP had given us any choice to begin with?

In the words of my dad...suck it up and quityerbitchin.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

You sound like the only one bitching at the moment debwalin. Were just talking here about the contest and the rules of it.

Meh...I'm not Bitching...I just can't see AO in Pink...it just dosn't seem right....personaly, I'd like to see AO be skinable but hey...I'm here for the content not the logo...

Meh...I think maybe AO should have it's origional logo and keep to it...I really do find the yellow and purple colours to be fugly and blinding but all in all....it's the way AO was when it first started (or so I think) and we should keep true to the nature of it...and not change it more than we have to.
    damn...now I'v got 2 cents less

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

You sound like the only one bitching at the moment debwalin. Were just talking here about the contest and the rules of it.
    I have to disagree with you. I have seen a couple of threads where it is complaining about the logo, how it should have been handled, and they have been "not fair." They picked a winner. It's over now. This thread is not discussing the rules about the contest. It's about bitching. :roll:

/me walks away

Oh good god, first you people bitch cause they didn't let anyone from the community contribute to the (admittedly hideous) blue and black logo, now you're bitching cause when they did let you contribute, they wouldn't let you decide for them. Agreed, it would have been nice if they'd stuck with the original rules, or posted that they'd changed their minds, but you have to remember they are a corporation...the days of JP running the site are over...and for that matter, how many of us would have chosen yellow and purple if JP had given us any choice to begin with?
    Yes, but this post is rather broad and doesnt seem directed at those who you have mentioned alittlebitnumb. I agree this should stop here and we should get back to the subject of the thread. No worries.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Yeah, lets get back to the subject of the thread.... which is bitching about the "man" that owns AO. Get over it. You don't like it, find a different community. There are plenty of forums out there that would love to have some more whiney people there.

Is there any way we can get this thread closed?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

alittlebitnumb,

I'm sick of people like you preaching about everything. If you don't like this thread the don't post here, personally, i'm talking about the contest rules that were clearly broken, i took part of my everday rutine to make two designs following the rules to then find out that a logo that didn't follow the rules and again CLEARLY BROKEN THEM won the contest.

If you are one of that persons that let others treat you like a loser then it's your problem and not mine. I prefer to defend my rights and the other members because we are really contributing to this community.

The rules are just one way and were broken. The logo is invalid. The winner has tried to convince AO owers about that and they haven't answered yet.

So if you want to preach go other place or just worry about your personal problems and let us handle this or JUMP that will be the ones that will have the final decission i suppose.

----------

debwalin,

Sometimes complaining is good if you have proves that what you request is true.

Bye,

DKRR