Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO logo contest problem??? Opinions?

I took the liberty of changing the colout a bit...personaly I think AO would look crap in pink...the logo in itself is very good, but the pink...well.....erm....any way....Credits still go to SD for an amazing font and all...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I agree with FrameWork. The members should pick the logo, without the members, the site wouldn't be really successful and fun and all that other stuff it is.

The members should choose the logo, since the members are the core and are the ones giving out help and keeping the community alive.

Also, I dont see why people are giving DKRR negs since hes just asking for people opinion and isnt asking people to hack NASA's website or something. Since when is it illegal to speak out.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Thread merged with duplicate.**

<edit>**Whoops. Moved back to original thread location**</edit>
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Always keepin us on your toes eyh MsMittens? hehe....

Yea, I agree, the Logo's should be chosen by the comunity, but as far as I could see...the logo contest wasn't really taken seriously by the comunity so....

to meek every one half way...how about JM pick the 10 best ones ro some thing... and then the comunity can vote amongst those......just an Idea...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I was under the impression that jup media was pretty big into market research and such. Maybe through their research they found that a high proportiion of computer professionals are gay ? , well thats my guess on the pink/purple ( i do like sickdwarfs font and his acceptance/nonacceptance post was the funniest thing i have read n a while, but my vote (s) go for Rioter and THeJRC )

I agree w/ memory. If we werent on AO then there would be no AO. So I agree the AO community should be the ones to pick the logo. Since were the ones that love the site oh so much. -Twisted-

I took the liberty of editing the edited version of the logo that Noia did, and added a little twist to it. First file is animated the second is not. -Twisted-

Heres the Second one. I couldnt get the second one in the same post. Like i said this one is not animated. -Twisted-

GreekGoddess
    The problem with the logos posted above is that neither of them are in vector format either. Vector formats make it a lot easier for company logos because they scale without losing any of their quality. So when making anything from a t-shirt to letterhead, they don't have to do any special editing or logo recreation.

With this in mind, I recreated SD's logo in vector format. It's not exact, and there is no outer glow effect except in the raster version I posted to give viewers without an SVG viewer the option of seeing it. Also, I was unsure of the exact font used for the subtext and I used a close match.

I agree with voting on it, but if they've made up their minds, then that's it I suppose. It didn't follow the guidelines, so in essence, they've broken their own rules, which is fine too...they're the owners. I still congratulate SD on his winning, I don't want to take away from that at all, his logos were nicely done. I also congratulate the many of you who also contributed vector-based logos and were serious about the contest. SD is an excellent designer, I really enjoy his work and I got to see the styles of a lot of other graphic artists and that's really awesome.

Coming from a member of many graphic design communities, IRL and on the internet, I'm disappointed in the way this contest was handled, moreover the ethics, when clearly the rules had been broken. If JUPM was looking for a font to work with, they could have simply gone to one of the many font sites out there and chosen one to suit their tastes instead of wasting people's time for a contest that didn't even adhere to its own rules. It's not only discouraging to its participants, but its in very bad taste. DarkRaider put in a serious amount of effort, and had very excellent contributions that followed the rules. Who the hell is the graphic designer/coordinator for JUPM that they couldn't tell what was made with a vector program and what wasn't? It shouldn't even have come to this.

AO Part Timer
    I would like give a round of applause to SD for his design. Also a congratulations for winning the logo contest, very nice font indeed. However this is only part of why I am posting here today. I think a simple resolution would be, just give us the option to pick the ten best logos. Roll them into an earned option, and allow us to pick the logo we see fit for our screen. Similar to the avatar process. In my opinion this would be a large step towards the future of your success as the owners of our community.

-Dopey
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark