Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your FAV system?

Post What is your FAV system?

I was wondering what everyones favorite system was.
    I dont know if i used the correct word or not with (system) but couldnt think of another one.

My personal favorite system is
    ------------> Linux

Hope i used correct words. Tell me what your guys fav is.

My personal favourite system is Windows. Which Windows? I'm not actually sure - they're all pretty similar, aren't they?

I think windows XP is kinda different from the other but mostly yea all the same i would say.

My favorite system has to be any of the ones that aren't mine...
    That way, if I mess it up... I don't have to fix it!

But seriously... I don't think I have a favorite system. I like Windows b/c it is easy to learn use, and you can be "compatable" with the rest of the world w/out much trouble. Probably much more because all of the good games are for m$.

But on another note... I like linux because it is so much more flexable, more of a challenge to learn/customize, gives you a sense of accomplishment when you get something to work for the first time, FREE, and all of the other obvious reasons.

I don't hate... I appreciate!

it really depends on what mood im in. if i am in that mood where i can sit down and have time to do stuff, then i use linux. red hat preferably. if im in a lazy mood and just want to get things done quickly windows in the way. i use xp its more reliable...(some guy came in saying it was imposible to crash xp. hahaha, if he was in our shop every week)

hmm, maybe the word you should have used was Operating System. (OS) when i think of system i think of hardware and components.

-peace
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

depend on who´s paying you

if you want to cinstall and configure a LAN for a phreaky model agency you should prefeer MS windows but if you want to make a site devoted to video games with forums, dedicated servers, email service, etc, the way to go is absolutely LINUX, it´s free, it makes you learn about computing, and of course it´s STABLE.
    i´m not a linux guru but i´m sure open coude source it´s the future of programming (if Bill allows it and we agree).

but the MOST important thing about linux is SECURITY

Originally posted here by powertoad5000
    My personal favourite system is Windows. Which Windows? I'm not actually sure - they're all pretty similar, aren't they?
    yes they are. A reboot fixes most problems in all of them.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

i am agrre with "poertoad" , my favorite system is windows .. especially windows 200 advance server .
    1). it is familiar with me
    2). easy to use
    3). great to manage
    4). nice security
    and haven't tried other sytem , i tried LINUX and i hav't familiar using the system.
    hope the next ms win 2003 server better than now.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

Id have to agree with phishphreek80, Windows is alot easier to use, and all the games seem to lean alot more towards the Windows environment.

Then again I like Linux it is very challenging, and frustrating at the same time. Id say if your up for a challenge, and curious about the underlayer of OS's then you should give Linux a shot.
    \"Any people that would give up liberty for alittle temporary safety, deserves neither liberty nor safety\" [glowpurple]Benjamin Franklin[/glowpurple]

My favorite system was AmigaOS. Since Commodore and Amiga died, I never find a system where I've fun like old Amiga days.