My Installation Mess..WinXP & RedHat...Pls Help! posted Today 04:29 AM

Hello every one this is my first post and of course i am a newbie to this....

Well here is my BIG INSTALLATION MESS, let me explain:

1st) my platform is WinXP and i wanted to install Red Hat as my second OS i've heard so
much about linux that i wanted to give it a i bought a copy of RH 8.0 at for the price of $9.99 after a $20 rebate.

2nd) i did all the basics of reading the material and i assumed (dumb *ss of course) it was
going to be a walk in the park...i tried downloading partition magic as shareware to
partition my hd but at one point the download stopped, tried many times and never was
able to finish i gave it up!

3rd) in the installation book it gives you a small guide in how to partition with Disk Druid &
FDISK which i dont know how to i tried Disk Druid since i looked simple.

4th) i started the installation from cd-rom and so far so good until i reach the DISK SETUP
AND after that it was a total mess for me.....some how in the installation i told linux to do
and automatic partition for me and erased my WINXP because at the disk set up i had
all my available disk the moment i realized that i had lost my WINXP from my
box and HERE it goes guys...I DID NOT BACK UP MY FILES i felt like the biggest and
most qualified to earn the DUMB *SS AWARD OF THE DAY! That is the first thing to do and
i did not follow up on that!

5th) now i want to reinstall win xp on by box but how am i going to partition my hd I NEED
YOUR how to creat my dual boot!

A) should i reinstall my win xp and after that install RH or since i have RH just
reinstall my win xp? which one goes first?

B) and once i have both running which ISP supports RH to surf the web?
and where do i get my modem driver? i have a winmodem!

C) can some1 guide me how to partition with disk druid your help will be greatly
appreciated, thank you! email me pls! I will have to check from work since i have no
way of connecting....