Thread: port # 13784 open

Unhappy port # 13784 open

Hey guys I had a question about a port open on my mothers computer it is
    13784 with an ip# of 205.188.78.153 i looked it up it is resolved to berp-da15.dial.aol.com is this just an aol service running? Am I just being paranoid? She seems concerned and she has had her e-mail account used to send spam so I can see why she is upset. I've done all I could do (not much) so I am asking you guys what the hell is this?

Thanks Dirty_Sanchez

My port's list shows me 13784 is unassigned, and it doesnt show up on my trojan port's list . From what i can tell though, there is no legitimate reason for this port to be open. I would suggest a trojan scanner.

Banned
    close it and see what happens.... or close any apllication connected to the internet and see if it is still open.....

i believe thats their buddy list server (email addys etc.)

13784 is the remote port locally its more like 1030 running waol.exe
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks guys

OHHHHHH ok i figured she gave me the wrong computer that had the port# 13784 open

I figures that was kinda high for an aol service

anyhoo thanks alot guys

Dirty.

Using a program like TCPView can show you exactly what it is that is using that port. It also allows you to close the connection easily. You can find this tool at www.sysinternals.com. I find it very usefull for a number of things.
    $pak = me;