Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What games do you play?

The only game I play for the moment are daoc, unfortunately have I not been able to run it on *nix and must stick to m$. But maybe someone have the solution for me so that I can combine the *nix experience with the great adventure of camelot ? .

~micael

I forgot to say what games I play. I play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Unreal tournament 2003.

http://hackthiscomputer.cjb.net/screenshot.png
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

i love Lbreakout2
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

haha....Frozen bubble is the only game I'v figured out on Mandrake...then again... I don't have time to play alot

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Neverwinter Nights owns the linux game world.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

yup. .

I got my brother to give me the NWN CD's I downloaded the linux bin and was blown away !!

it's the most stunning game I've seen running on linux..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Well I say

Bzflag http://www.bzflag.org/ - for the ultimate online tank fragging 3d fun

and

Pontifex II - http://www.chroniclogic.com/ - cheap (if not free) shareware, build bridges. A game where you create instead of destroy

did someone noticed ClansBomber...i just tried it an loved it.... and Noia i disagree with u Mandrake has a lot of games...i Mandrake User and i play Lbreakout2 and Clans Bomber on Mandrake.....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Generaly run Half-Life?CS/CTF Servers on a RH box..

having said that, I question why this thread is in the *nix Security discussion forum and not the Chit Chat?

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

A bunch of games will play on linux which is very cool. Much of it relies heavily on emulation but the playability is there to be sure. One of my favorite built-in games is kfouleggs in KDE.

Anybody ever got Everquest working under linux btw?

-laters