Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO Flood Issue

Old Fart
    Sorry....dynamic IP's blow a hole in that one unless you want to block an entire IP range.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

yeah but even so... I'm talking about making it so they can't make a new post for at least a minute after making a post.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

you already cant make more than one post in a minute.

Maybe you could stop a user having two posts on the front page that was started in the same day and base it on the user accounts or have a link to newbie posts on the front page as most of these guys dont get many anti points just my thought.

the best solution is DONT FEED THE TROLL most of you are net savy and intelligent you should realize the reason sivle posted is to inflame and get a rise. Everytime one of you responds it keeps his/her posts on the front page and gets him/her a laugh(encourages)

Agree 100%. Lamerz get some weird satisfaction from annoying people.

I often wonder about their mental and social state. They hide behind their anonymity (and computer) just to annoy people.

Their lives must be pathetic.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, the thread is closed, moved and merged with it's siblings. I think it took me the same amount of time to do it as it did for him to post all that crap. Neg and I talked about having a "recycling bin" where we could put posts like that since the delete function is a bit flaky on a site this large. I forgot to ask yesterday for one but perhaps now is a good time to get it.

Anyways, thanks for you patience and sorry that it happened.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Dead Man Walking
    No need for you to apologize msMittens. your not the idiot that did it. IMHO we cant blame the mods cause some jerk pulled this crap. You and neg have lives too.

having said all of this I think allenb's suggestion of

Turn on the IP logging and we can start sending Guido and Vinnie out to "kneecap" the lamerz.
    is an excellent one - as long as I get to be Guido

just think MsM and Neg... you could then threaten to 'set the dogs' on people - just think of the possibilities

seriously though I think the AP system did it's job on this occassion and as someone else has said... it only took about an hour or so... a retunr time like that isn't bad.

just my opinion

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Are the threads being bumped or are the same users writing new useless threads or both? In any case, i think that this problem could easily be solved by limiting number of posts per hour by rank, or validity of the posts......kinda like a screening. premium and certain admin members have to approve a post b4 it hits the boards.....

IDK if it would work, but it might. Just my $0.02
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!