Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AO Flood Issue

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Thread moved to Site Suggestions**

I hope no one minds but I've moved it here since there are some good suggestions that I think JUPM should consider and review.

You and neg have lives too.
    We do!? Damn. I keep missing the memos..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks MsMittens for moving the thread to a more suited place!

As for a posting system. Well making a mod or admin or someone have to approve the thread before it went into play might slow things down more? I don't know exactly, one of them would have to tell you that! Though really putting any limitations on thread posts per hour, now that I'm thinking about it with some sleep behind me, wouldn't work either. There are some people who are just crazy out there and might post like 15 different threads in an hour if they found the right information. Too bad we can't have someone with power always be able to be on call on the site. That way if someone started making a lot of posts, the said admin would be able to get a PM and check it out for auth reasons.

But more and more I'm starting to like the "kneecap" idea. We'll setup an AO mofia and that way anyone who f**ks with us will go take a swim with the fishes
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Dead Man Walking
    If were going to form the AO mafia i wanna be "no neck tony". But seriously i know this was suggested earlier but maybe a few more mods and somekind of warning system like AciDrivehb sugested combined. That and "kneecapping" i like thAt idea. even though im not quite sure what knee caping is hehehe

I always thought "knee capping" was where someone would take a baseball bat to someone's knee's. Then again I'm a geek, not a gangsta! LOL
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

well AciDrive and ZombieMann.... time for a lesson in violence...

***caution if anyone is of a nervous disposition or does not like reading about acts of violence stop reading now - I mean it***

a proper kneecapping is usually when as the name suggests you remove the persons kneecaps... this can be done the quick and dirty way with a shot gun or other firearm aimed in the appropriate direction (note if using a pistol it is usually more effective to aim from the back of the knee thus causing the kneecap to shatter completely upon exit of the bullet) or by taking a chisel putting it onto the top of the kneecap (just behind where it is attached to the rest of the joint) and then using a hammer (or baseball bat) in a swift downward motion thus neatly and painfully removing the kneecap. Apparently a similar thing can be done to the elbow but its much more difficult to repair an elbow. You can smash the persons kneecaps with a baseball bat (I'm told an electric drill can also be effective) depending upon how serious a punishment you want to dish out.

all joking aside... and if anyone else is still reading this we are joking.... kneecapping someone is excruciatingly painful, messy and an excellent way to totally f**k someones life up.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the note, I'll try to get those mental images out of my head. LOL, but yes all joking aside we are kidding incase anyone is wondering. But it's just the fact of the matter that "we" do not like people "messing" with our website. It's one thing to voice that you are against a person, subject, even AO... but it's another thing to try to annoy us and such.

< edit > Speaking of Mafia though, a nice little buddy icon from the AIM archives
    [/shadow]