Thread: Inside Cisco's eavesdropping apparatus

Inside Cisco's eavesdropping apparatus

I dont think that this link has been posted as yet, but I found it to be some pretty interesting, yet scary stuff.

Cisco Systems has created a more efficient and targeted way for police and intelligence agencies to eavesdrop on people whose Internet service provider uses their company's routers.......Cisco's decision to begin offering "lawful interception" capability as an option to its customers could turn out to be either good or bad news for privacy.
    Big Brother is definately watching.....

http://news.com.com/2010-1071-997528.html
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

All the more reason to use PGP, if you ask me.

And I understand no one ever got fired for buying Cisco, but there are very viable and less expensive alternatives if you are willing to test them or even glance in their direction.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson