Thread: A Spy Machine of DARPA's Dreams

Unhappy A Spy Machine of DARPA's Dreams

Thought you all might be interested in this from a security/privacy standpoint:

The Pentagon is about to embark on a stunningly ambitious research project designed to gather every conceivable bit of information about a person's life, index all the information and make it searchable.

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,58909,00.html

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I thought NSA already did this?

Nice to know that TIA is still alive and kicking. :|
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The embryonic LifeLog program would dump everything an individual does into a giant database: every e-mail sent or received, every picture taken, every Web page surfed, every phone call made, every TV show watched, every magazine read.
    i'm sure we have all read 1984, i'm scared

Who came up with this idea, the antichrist! Next thing you know, they will want to know what type of toilet paper i'm using.

This is out of control.

Not sure about now, but as of last year, National Geographic had the largest database of information on people in general, wouldn't supprise me if they already knew what kind of toilet paper you used by now. When I heard this, I was supprised, I would've thought the CIA or some one like that would hold this title!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I just heard on the news the other day the the Total Information Awareness program is being renamed Terrorist Information Awareness in an effort to give it a better image. LifeLog sounds like quite in invasion of privacy to me, and almost like a piece of science fiction out of a book. Granted yes the government needs systems to track terrorists and criminals, but do they need to log every aspect of everyones life? It just seems like they keep wanting more and more information, and I have to wonder where people will finally draw the line.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

This is completely ridiculous, I mean come on!!! That is a serious invasion of privacy but the thing that sucks is that I can't stop them from finding out every aspect of my life...
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by FrameWork
    Next thing you know, they will want to know what type of toilet paper i'm using.

This is out of control.
    I wonder if they will catagorize us by those who fold and those who wad our T.P.?

Wonder if I can I get a tax break for buying single rolls instead of double rolls? I'd be saving a lot of trees that way.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Ah allen, that's just what i needed at 9:30 after a not so fun day shopping at antique store's with my mom (it's her birthday) talk about boring.