Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Mother of God..... did you know this

regardless... I'm not pretending that I "know" exactly what I"m looking at... but I wanna analyze it ... I wanna see if I can get IP's .. where are they going...

1. how many systems are sharing the network at a moment
    2. which systems are busy at what times
    3. where are the packets going

then maybe disassembly... dude .. .sorrry for being a newb in this but you don't have to go off

i am not going off.

i had this feeling you were after the holy grail, the ip address.

and i know you _want_ to analyze it ... for whatever reason.

but, to reiterate, you _have_ to know how to put it together before you can take it appart. otherwise you will end up with your own ideas of how you think it works, if you even make it that far.

and i didn't say that you were pretending to "know" exactly what you are looking, don't put words into my food hole. (although you "know" what you want to achieve by doing this)

i put the emphasis here:
    ``...before you can even pretend to yourself that you want to go disassembling them.''
    because i don't think you "know" the depth of what you are getting into. what protocol is running on your network?
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Yes Roadrunner is horrible, I use it in Hawai. I have 4 people connected to me, all of which have file shareing enabled. The first thing you need to do is diable filesharing, second get a fire wall and anit virus. I use a router/firewall, and Macafee antivirus and software firewall, as well as a few free AV's. so those are very good starts.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com