View Poll Results: Do you believe in god?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 58.97%
  • No

16 41.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware or Spybot S&D??

If you really want your pc to be clean, you should use both on a regular basis.

Edit/Add: D'oh, that poll doesn't have the option "Both". I guess I'll vote for Spybot as it is somewhat faster thus more comfortable to use (makes me think that Ad-Aware is slower because it scans more throughly..).
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

I also use both but I use ad-aware more often. I voted ad-aware.

I've tried both and I'll vote for Spybot. without doubt

Well, I've been using Adaware for quite a long time, and figured both these proggies were about the same. After reading all these post, though, I'm probably going to start using both. Thanks for making me a believer everyone.

well kind of related to this, and probably a bit late to actually stir up a discussion, but I figure I'll try anyway.

Has anyone here used Stopzilla for this? They claim to remove Spyware, Adware, Cookies, History, and Popups. I use opera so I'm not worried about popups or History, and I used Spybot S&D for Spyware... but so far I haven't really found a good cookie control program. It gets rather tedious clicking through the myriad of cookie requests on every site I visit.

I wonder how their Spyware stacks up to Adaware and Spybot. I guess I could download it and let everyone know the differences that I find with the three pieces of software, unless someone has already done this before.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I use them both. but i perfer Spybot
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

I use both but most Ad-aware 6.0. I used once Spybot to immunize and i run it when i am sure that i have spyware, but before that i use Ad-Aware.

Use them both

I use them both also,

they each pick up things, adaware worked first for me, then i found spybot, and I keep them updated, they both work really well.
    Danis
    >> >: (^) ADION - {spread}

get hammers

I like the way SpyBot blocks dodgy ads as they appear and the file shredder is handy also.