Thread: in MCSE what number means ?!!

in MCSE what number means ?!!

when i was looking for books about mcse ceritfication .. i noticed that each book has a number like 70-250 or 25-457 (the latter is wrong ) . can anyone tell what do these numbers refer to .. maybe the quesion is selly so that i 'll ask another quesion . if i want to prepare myself to take the exam what do i have to do ? in other words is there one book that cover every aspect and valid to all exam like A+ certi. ... does each exam of the seven require a seperate book ???? i'm alittle confused

thank you all

if i'm correct, i think it applies to the test #

i'm sure you know this, but MSCE is actually a conglomerate of having taken a bunch of little M$ tests. First you're an MCP (pro) then a MCSA (Systems analyst) and then MCSE (systems engineer)

MCP - successfully complete 1 test
    MCSA and MCSE are successful completion of several of the MCP tests in different areas.

hope this helps.... some of it may be a little off, but i'm looking into the same stuff myself. prometric.com may help, they arrange the testing centers, etc.

woot.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

here's a suggestion, cause you asked at just the right time, but maybe a few weeks too late.
    Go to your local Book store, preferably a large one, and look for certification books from the complany 'coriolis' (sp?) They are going out of buisness, me and a freind got the complete set of mcse prep books for $40 that's a $180 value. At our local books a million, (my dad works there) they were randomly sent several hundred of their books including all sorts of computer stuff from the latest linux kernel source code with commentary to every certification prep you can think of. BAM then marked them down like crazy.

If you look a few pages into the book you'll find a complete list of the exams and related numbers needed to get msce, it's all explained there. It's also on their website.

Not to cramp nor dis anyone but really after some 20 or so years in IT and I'm an old guy and my hunks of paper mean little. Do Not concern yourself with some number chances are by the time you get what ever number your working on it's out of date. MCSE, CNE two year degrees mean nothing unless you add a BA + what ever cert you are getting. Just know any cert now days is usless. There is a melt down in IT, IS what ever you want to call it! Just know that if your out of work your are gonna need 4 to 6 years now days to get on the radar to get a jobthat would be like a BA or Masters + certs and then the opening is gonna have like 800 people...good luck
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Is there any MCP test through the NET just like CISCO.
    \"SpeAk YouRSelF\"

The numbers represent the individual exams covered by the certification testing.
    There sre four tests required for MCSE certification.
    I dont have the numbers, but here are the tests.

Windows 2000
    Directory services Administration
    Active Directory
    Windows 2000 Server
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Originally posted here by D0pp139an93r
    The numbers represent the individual exams covered by the certification testing.
    There sre four tests required for MCSE certification.
    I dont have the numbers, but here are the tests.

Windows 2000
    Directory services Administration
    Active Directory
    Windows 2000 Server

Win2k Directory Services 70-017
    Win 2k Server 70-015
    Win2k Pro 70-010
    Win2k Network 70-016
    Win2k Network Design 70-221
    Exchange 2000 Administration 70-224

Bet some of you are ready to crap your pants that I knew that, aren't you?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

mcse route

The numbers such as 70-215 refer to the exam you need to take to achieve that certification. Depending on what route you take depends on the exams you need to take. You can take various routes but you will need the 5 core exams and 2 electives. these exams will depend on any certifications you already hold.

example: new to mcse !

70-210 windows 2000 professional
    70-215 windows 2000 server
    70-216 2000 network infastructure
    70-217 2000 directory services
    70 219 designing a windows 2000 directory services infastructure

then there are two electives from a large list to choose to complete your mcse. the above includes four core and one design from which you also have a choice.

I am a MCT so deal this stuff on a regular basis.

take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...quirements.asp

good luck with your studies
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously