Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What linux distribution do you use?

I use Slackware, and have also used Mandrake Linux.

Iv used Red hat, Slack, K-12, turbo, mandrake ...SuSe owns them all

GreekGoddess
    Slackware, but I've also used RedHat.

Hail, how are you gentlemen ?

All my friends who are linux geeks\nerds use slackware, and when i tell them i want to use linux and i am going to install red hat, they say that red hat sucks, and big sucks! hehe
    I wouldnt go for mandrake... i think it wont be a real linux experience.

Linux dot org, a webiste with a nice review of distributions

Farewell

ive got Debian on my 2 client machines, running as unstable. and Mandrake 9.0 on my server. I prefer Debian for my client machines, only because of its packaging system. on a server, that isnt the problem as i dont have to install packages all the time. I've also used knoppix a few times. As a recscue disk. And i gave a few copies to 100% windoze admins at my school for them to play around with.

-Flooda

I started off with RedHat I got with a magazine..
    then SuSE all 7 cd's and the DVD..

and now..

well guess..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I started w/ Caldera from a Linux Dummies book, moved to Mandrake, now I'm all about the FreeBSD.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I like both Debian and RedHat. RedHat pretty much sets it self up and with Debian you have to get your hands a little dirty.
    \"Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.\" — Kernighan & Plauger, The Elements of Programming Style.

Ive only used Mandrake 9.0 since im on 56k with little to no money. But unable to use it very well since i lacked a hardware modem (damn winmodems haha). soon as i get one i will be using that again.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Heh, where to begin....

Since this is a "first" OSs post ill go through it:

I started with a Windows 95 box 3 years ago, it was my first computer, i ****ed it up and so i got a new one with 98 SE on it, use that for about... hmm a while (i screwed my first one within like 5 months so within 6 months, so i got the one im on now which was top of the line at the time) aftre a while i heard about Linux and so i bought a teach yourself Linux in 24 hours book which came with Caldera, Well i was at schol and byt this time i had a computer for almosy 8 months and was bored with what they taught me so i deleted office and all 12 napsters on the 2 GB HDs at school and Partitioned and installed Linux....it was my first time and it worked the first time (RTFM pays off ) wel i was like holy ****, this rocks!!!!! then i bought mandrake 7.1 i liked it, it worked, bought redhat 6.1....hate it with a passion, bought SuSe 8.1 professional....LOVE IT and i recommend it to ANYONE read my sig for more info. SuSe RULES.