What linux distribution do you use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What linux distribution do you use?

I use Slackware, and have also used Mandrake Linux.

Iv used Red hat, Slack, K-12, turbo, mandrake ...SuSe owns them all

GreekGoddess
    Slackware, but I've also used RedHat.

Banned
    Hail, how are you gentlemen ?

All my friends who are linux geeks\nerds use slackware, and when i tell them i want to use linux and i am going to install red hat, they say that red hat sucks, and big sucks! hehe
    I wouldnt go for mandrake... i think it wont be a real linux experience.

Linux dot org, a webiste with a nice review of distributions

Farewell

ive got Debian on my 2 client machines, running as unstable. and Mandrake 9.0 on my server. I prefer Debian for my client machines, only because of its packaging system. on a server, that isnt the problem as i dont have to install packages all the time. I've also used knoppix a few times. As a recscue disk. And i gave a few copies to 100% windoze admins at my school for them to play around with.

-Flooda

I started off with RedHat I got with a magazine..
    then SuSE all 7 cd's and the DVD..

and now..

well guess..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I started w/ Caldera from a Linux Dummies book, moved to Mandrake, now I'm all about the FreeBSD.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I like both Debian and RedHat. RedHat pretty much sets it self up and with Debian you have to get your hands a little dirty.
    \"Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.\" — Kernighan & Plauger, The Elements of Programming Style.

Ive only used Mandrake 9.0 since im on 56k with little to no money. But unable to use it very well since i lacked a hardware modem (damn winmodems haha). soon as i get one i will be using that again.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    Heh, where to begin....

Since this is a "first" OSs post ill go through it:

I started with a Windows 95 box 3 years ago, it was my first computer, i ****ed it up and so i got a new one with 98 SE on it, use that for about... hmm a while (i screwed my first one within like 5 months so within 6 months, so i got the one im on now which was top of the line at the time) aftre a while i heard about Linux and so i bought a teach yourself Linux in 24 hours book which came with Caldera, Well i was at schol and byt this time i had a computer for almosy 8 months and was bored with what they taught me so i deleted office and all 12 napsters on the 2 GB HDs at school and Partitioned and installed Linux....it was my first time and it worked the first time (RTFM pays off ) wel i was like holy ****, this rocks!!!!! then i bought mandrake 7.1 i liked it, it worked, bought redhat 6.1....hate it with a passion, bought SuSe 8.1 professional....LOVE IT and i recommend it to ANYONE read my sig for more info. SuSe RULES.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux