Who likes car sound systems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who likes car sound systems?

Who likes car sound systems?

Recently I have really been getting into cars. I LOVE THEM! Right now I am working on installing a really loud system in my car. This stuff is like addicting once you get into it! So I was wondering who else loves awesome cars and has their own awesome car?

P.S. If you guys like looking at awesome car systems then you might want to check out this gallery of pictures I found the other day at http://caraudioresources.net/install...me=2002-finals.
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Cool

Who doesnt?

I got a 40$ cd player from Walmart does that count? Ha!

My brother is doing a bunch of tweaking on his S-10 but i just dont have money for it. The farthest im gonna go with my car is tinted window's, but that's just because my eye's are really sensitive to sunlight.

Banned
    fully sick!! 14" sub mate!

haha, you gotta love the sound a wogs car makes as it goes by :P

They're evil. I used to be a mechanic. You don't know what it's like
    to have to debug all that do -it-yourself wiring installed by
    guys (never girls) who

[list=1][*]don't know what they're doing[*]can't afford to do it right[*]need the car fixed in a hurry so mom won't kill them[*]Did I mention, they can't afford to fix it?[/list=1]
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Right now I drive a 98 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, and am planning on putting two 12" Rockford Fosgates into it. I've also just now started getting into car audio systems and wanted some serious bass in my truck
    =

Geez, silly me, I've been pouring all this money into a new vid. card...

Seriously though, that's kewl, I've always wanted to put a mp3 player into my car.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

er0k
    hrm.. ive recently aquired a job as a landman for an oil company.. and make enough money for a nice system. Any recommendations? I currently have an 8 speaker bose with 6 disk cd-changer, (no amp just a small sub) But i want to remap it all, anyone know much about this? (ps. i am willing to spend $1500.00 and below)

rcgreen, I understand your frustration because I just recently got a book that tells me all about putting in car sterio's, and it shows me how retarded all of my friends are who tried to do it themselves and: got the wrong wiring, crappy speaker box, they havent screwed their speakers in correctly, have too big of an amp for their crappy 200 watt or less RMS speaker that they have gotten from being ripped off at the speaker store, have the speaker polarity switched, and don't have their amp hooked up to the battery correctly.

cheyenne1212, rockfords will definitley give you some massive bass, but I think that they cost a bit too much, but if you have the money than go for it!

er0k, bose is one of the best brand of speakers out there. The only problem is because they are soooo good that they require special treatment that most other speakers don't need. The problem is that most aftermarket head units (the radio and cd-player) come with preamp outputs, which you hook up to an amp then the amp to your speakers. Bose is a completley different kind of speaker that uses completely different concept of wiring and other things. For one thing, if your going to get an aftermarket head unit make sure that it has an OEM Integration Adaptor. I don't know a lot about this because I don't have bose speakers so I didn't have to learn about how to hook up a bose system. Maybe rcgreen can help you out more with that since he probably has a lot of knowledge about this stuff. One thing that you do want to do though is go to a speaker store and look through all of the catalogs for all of the different things that they have for speakers, amps, head units, and more. Also if you really want to do this then you should buy a book that tells you about everything that you need to know about cars. The book I'm reading is calledThe Car Sterio Cookbook and is written by a man called Mark Rumreich. Try to get it if you can, its only $24. Good luck to ya!
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

erOk,

As far as Know right now Alpine systems are top of the line. You could put alpine speakers in place of your factory ones, and put either 10" or 12" subs in the back.

If you wanted a cool cd-player you could buy one of the ones that has a LCD on it and shows little movies in the background while your playing your music. There expensive things but pretty neat.

By the time you got done with all of that youl'd probaly have 1500 in it.
    =

I don't have a car.. so I can't say I have a system.. but my roommate has prolly one of the sweetest systems around... He works 68 hours a week and all his money goes into his car. Since I don't like partial stories.... here's the entire thing.

He's got a 1992 Honda Prelude SR. 17" Rims and it's lowered. The wonderful Ontario winter destroyed the lights under the car, so they have to be placed, as well as water damaged the indiglo Honda symbols and they're also being replaced.

He's currently in the process of shaving the door handles, he's got the solenoids installed and is just waiting for the remote to come in (damn border hold ups)

Ok.. now the sound system.

He's got a Sony XE-744 EQ and no head unit. There's 2 15" Sony Xplod subs sitting in the living room (the system is being redesigned right now.. and the box has to be redone). He's got Jensen 6.5s (Front and Back) In the truck there's an 800W Legacy Amp for the 2 Sony Xplods (He's looking to get a more powerful amp, so if anyone is interested in his amp send me a PM), there's also a 600W Jensen amp for the 4 speakers. Now as I mentioned there's no head unit. He's got a 450Mhz system sitting in the backseat, mico-atx in a cardboard box case. It's got a 20GB HDD that has DOS w/ a DOS MP3 Player(MxPx Play or something like that) and Windows 98 w/ Winamp. The rest of the space is filled with mp3s. The Computer has an 8.3" touch screen. This is all powered off a power inverter (waiting on a new one to also cross the border). He's an Electronics Engineer so everything is done all pretty like as far as the install, with a nice 4-fuse distrobution box coming off the battery. He also designed and etched his own circuit board for a mini keyboard, it's still installed in his old car. I'm not sure if he plans on removing it and installing it in the Prelude (He has an airbag, so it can't go in the steering wheel, like it had in the old car)... He picked up an HP Jornada Keyboard and i think he plans on installing that.