Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who likes car sound systems?

er0k
    Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    erOk,

As far as Know right now Alpine systems are top of the line. You could put alpine speakers in place of your factory ones, and put either 10" or 12" subs in the back.

If you wanted a cool cd-player you could buy one of the ones that has a LCD on it and shows little movies in the background while your playing your music. There expensive things but pretty neat.

By the time you got done with all of that youl'd probaly have 1500 in it.
    imma put 2 12's in and a 1500 watt amp.

Originally posted here by er0k

imma put 2 12's in and a 1500 watt amp.

are the subs rated to handle that much power?

er0k, we seriously need to talk about your system and where your money goes. Just PM me what kind of speakers you want to get and how many watts they are rated at. For the most part there is no use for a 1500 watt amp unless your looking to rumble your muffler off (seriously), and realistically you would blow up your 12' speakers if they were rated at anything less than 1700 watts each! Just PM me what kind of system you are looking for and how powerfull you want it to be and I will give you the spec's on what kind of stuff you will need and how much its going to cost you.
    P.S. Alpine seriously overprices their amps and speakers so if you really wanted to get a 1500 watt amp and 2 12' speakers to handle it then its going to cost you a LOT of money when you can get other speakers that cost less but do the same job!

-Chris
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Originally posted here by schoolsucks
    For the most part there is no use for a 1500 watt amp unless your looking to rumble your muffler off (seriously), and realistically you would blow up your 12' speakers if they were rated at anything less than 1700 watts each!
    I'll agree that unless they're some massive 12's they'll blow w/ 1500W. However that 1700W suggestion you made is way too high. 1500W amp, as an assumption.... would prolly have about 600-750 RMS (give or take.. since none of the companies really know how to figure out RMS compared to the Peak). My Roommate like I mentioned has 2 15's w/ an 800W amp and that gives him more than enough pound to shake everything in the car apart. For a really nice set-up I'd look closer to 2 12's w/ an 800-1000W amp. Get subs that are in the 300W range for RMS and you'll pound more than enough to suit anyone's needs. The only reason you'd need to go bigger is if you want to compete.

However that 1700W suggestion you made is way too high. 1500W amp, as an assumption.... would prolly have about 600-750 RMS (give or take.. since none of the companies really know how to figure out RMS compared to the Peak).
    Lol, yeah that speaker suggestion I made was a little bit too much. I hate the twisted peak power that the companies give them, I really don't like to refer to speakers or amps anymore by their peak power because it is just a false number of watts.

car systems are cool, as long as you don't play the bass to loud at the wrong time of the day, some people play theirs at night which is anoying when you are trying to sleep and can hear it two blocks away

I'm gonna run a 1200 watt amp to my 2 rockfords. I think it should be ok, as far as them handling that much power.

I've talked to a lot of people and they all think that I'll be ok with that also.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I'm gonna run a 1200 watt amp to my 2 rockfords. I think it should be ok, as far as them handling that much power.

I've talked to a lot of people and they all think that I'll be ok with that also.
    It's not a matter of "thinking" they'll be ok... It's actually rather simple to tell if they will... Check out the RMS that the amp will be putting out in the way you are setting it up, and then check out what the subs can handle.

ahhh... i' ve got a 1990 Jeep Cherokee that is my baby- and my baby got a whole lot sweeter the day i got my sound system. i wanna upgrade to one of those super sweet flip up players that handle every format and even have a space for a memory card.. and i want to install two more speakers in the recesses in the back behind the rear wheel wells (y'all that are Jeep peeps like me know what i'm talking about). i need some dyna mat or something tho, cause there's no installation in me doors so you can hear outside almost the same thing you can hear inside.
    -the hour has begun, your eyes are now opened-

I hear ya johnny, I have a Jeep too. 1997 Grand Cherokee, White. It's pretty sweet and I'm planning to put a good system in it. Right now I have everything I need to hook stuff up exept for the amp. So far I have $50 in savings for it right now. Just another $100 dollars to go and I'll have what I want.