SuSE Wireless USB and mouse problems

Thread: SuSE Wireless USB and mouse problems

Question SuSE Wireless USB and mouse problems

**Warning: I am I complete and utter noob when it comes to Linux**

I have SuSE 8 Home Edition, I have it on a dual boot with XP. Everything loads fine except a drivers.

First, I can't seem to get my mouse to work. It is a Kensington Optical PocketMouse, connects through USB. When I go into Administration to change the mouse model I choose the Intellimouse/USB option. I press accept, mouse doesn't work. I do it again and choose the just plain USB Mouse option. Still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Second, I have a wireless network. I have a Microsoft Wireless USB Adapter MN-510 to get to it. When I go to configure it it doesn't seem to work. When I edit stuff, SuSE goes through and sets everything up, or so its says. Internet doesn't work. I know its the adapter because I can get to the internet if I hardline the laptop to the base station.

Am I doing something wrong or does SuSE just have problems with USB?

Thanks.

I have SuSE 8 Home Edition, I have it on a dual boot with XP. Everything loads fine except a drivers.

First, I can't seem to get my mouse to work. It is a Kensington Optical PocketMouse, connects through USB. When I go into Administration to change the mouse model I choose the Intellimouse/USB option. I press accept, mouse doesn't work. I do it again and choose the just plain USB Mouse option. Still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?
    Look's like your choosing the correct mouse device, but it's not storing your setting's. Try running Sax2 in a command prompt. I had the same problem's with my mouse, i ran Sax2 and it got the mouse working, but after i rebooted it hadnt stored the setting's, maybe Sax2 will work for you better.

try editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config

wait n00b.. damn..

ehm.. do as the other guy said.. try sax2

I never used it but I had used sax (1) and must say it sux

to see if the usb device is found try the command..

lsusb

that should give you a list of all the usb devices attached to your box..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Any advice for the wireless USB adapter?

try going to http://www.suse.com and looking around there, they do have tech support and also signing up for a mailing list can help out to because then you could tell them aboutthis and they will prolly be able to help you out very good.SuSe Linux -E i think its caleed (SuSe Linux English.) you can find a link on the SuSe Web site.