Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl rescued from washing machine!

Exclamation Girl rescued from washing machine!

If this doesnt get you pissed, nothing will, check out this story.

POMONA, California (AP) -- A 2-year-old girl was rescued from a locked, running washer at a coin laundry and her mother was arrested after a surveillance tape allegedly showed her putting the child into the machine, police said.

An officer smashed the window of the machine with his baton to rescue the girl, who was "submerged in water," police Sgt. Matt Stone said.

The child was unconscious when she was pulled from the washer Saturday but breathing. She was taken to a hospital where she was listed in serious condition with cuts, scrapes, bruises. She had inhaled some water but was expected to survive, Stone said.

Her mother, Erma Osborne, 35, of Pomona, California, later was arrested for investigation of child endangerment and held on $10,000 bail.

Surveillance camera footage showed that the woman placed her daughter in one washer, then removed her and placed her in a second front-loading washer, which turned on when she closed the door, Stone said.

"She wasn't drowned but she was getting there," Los Angeles County fire Capt. Dan Ramirez said.

The machine apparently locks automatically when the wash cycle begins and does not unlock until the cycle ends, Ramirez said.

Efforts by the girl's mother and bystanders to unlock the door failed.
    cnn.com

That is f#cked up!!! Least they saved the little girl though. Hope they put the mother away for a while.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I hear ya, they said the mom forced the girl in there too. If i was the DA i would press for attempted murder charges.

That's pretty sad. What kind of parent puts their kid into a washing machine? What the hell are these people thinking?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Here's the thing. There were bystanders.... Why didn't they do anything?

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/top...191231,00.html

Efforts by the girl's mother and bystanders to unlock the door failed.

Other stories:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,87816,00.html
    http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/news/5946602.htm
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

No joke, I mean what kind of excuse could you come up w/ for that. . ."um, she was dirty", pahh, makes me wish we still burned people.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Perhap's she has one of those rare disorder's like "Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy" or something. If you have ever read up on that one, i'm sure you will find it quite disturbing.

I don't know of anything a 2 year old could do to make me mad enough to even spank'em hard, which lead's be to believe it's a disorder.

punish her like any child offender would be. Period.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Though she should obviously be put away either way, I'm curious. Was she a mother that stress had driven off the deep end and tried to kill her little girl or was she just a moron trying to find a good place to keep her daughter so she wouldn't go cause trouble.

"Efforts by the girl's mother and bystanders to unlock the door failed"

The fact she tried to save the child suggest it was the later. She should be lock up for her own safty as much as everyone else's.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

which lead's be to believe it's a disorder.
    I have a stout length of rope that can cure that type of disorder.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.