Thread: $152m endorsement deal

Banned

Post $152m endorsement deal

AMERICAN LeBron James, the 18-year-old basketball sensation, signed an endorsement deal with Nike for nearly $US100 million ($152.56 million) today.

Taken from here....

Unbelievable! Here's a guy who's only benefit to society is that he plays sport well. How can this amount of money be justified? Imagine what you could achieve with that kind of money? Anthrax immunisations..., Providing free health care, build a f#@king school! Anything!

Anyway, I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter. Maybe I've just over reacted.....but US$100 million!? I hope he can shoot hoops with his dick for that kind of money...Geeezzz.

Unbelievable! Here's a guy who's only benefit to society is that he plays sport well. How can this amount of money be justified? Imagine what you could achieve with that kind of money? Anthrax immunisations..., Providing free health care, build a f#@king school! Anything!
    I could'nt agree more.

Yeah, that's an awful lot of money. If i'm correct he's the same kid that got that silver hummer while still in highschool, and got in big trouble over it. I'm sure he can afford to pay it off now.

What get's me though, is how does the team or nike for that matter, know if he's gonna live up to all the hype?

Nike has plenty enough money though, afterall they make oversea's worker's in the sweatshop's work for hour's on end for little or nothing.

If it does'nt work out, then they have to deal with their loss.

That is a seriously unbeleivable amount of money! That kid didn't do **** to deserve that kind of money either. At least people like Bill Gates earned their money, this kid just entertains people.
    I hope he can shoot hoops with his dick for that kind of money...Geeezzz.
    Naw...He better be able to fart a basketball out of his ass and into the hoop from across court for that kind of money. And it should be an unlubricated ball too!
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Yes, it does seem strange that this kid is getting paid a fortune yet researchers trying to cure diseases such as cancer don't get paid a fraction of that amount. But, on the other side of the coin entertainers can make fortunes not just in sports, but in movies, music, etc.
    \"Trying to outsmart a compiler defeats much of the purpose of using one.\" — Kernighan & Plauger, The Elements of Programming Style.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    We have ourselves to blame. Do we buy the sneakers? Do we line up for the movies/concerts. Do we pay outrageous $ for tickets to the games. I guess those guys are worth the money they draw. After all we keep paying.

Now if everyone quit supporting those teams and vendors things would readjust.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

I have not and will not ever bought a pair of shoes that cost over $20. What's the point? It's just rubber and leather (plastic?). Hell, most of the time I'm wearing sandals anyway.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

not ever? a pair of dress shoes is a minimum 90$. Have you never gone to a funeral or wedding? Sandals might be a bit out of place.

Anyway, the money is outlandish. Too much for too little. so he can shoot hoops. yawn.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.