IRC Chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRC Chat

IRC Chat

I don't see the the chat option (Java) on the main page anymore. Is there still an irc.antionline.com that can be accessed using an IRC client?

I believe it's at irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com now.

irc.YoursInCyberSpace.com is "dead" very low population of people.

A very well populated room is irc.unerror.com (Most are from AO)

Cya--D00dz AtTaCkiN
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Developer Extraordinar
    Yay for Unerror.......acctually, irc.unerror.com and irc.loonyservices.com are linked, and Unerror has a Java IRC up at http://www.unerror.com/irc/ in about in day from today however we will be linking to another network and becomeing Destortid, you can still connect from irc.unerror.com and irc.loonyservices.com just alot more people, and a different name, etc. Check us out!
    Come to UnError.com

er0k
    Microburn i think you should at least give us props because of all the help you received in setting all that up from us :P

We talk about the official irc channel of AO. Is there any?

No, when Jupiter Media bought AO from JP, they chose not to continute the IRC. But like everyone has already pointed out, there are plenty of other IRC networks out there, and most of the ones mentioned have some AO members on them
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

ok thanks

I think it is a good idea to start back old irc again in here. I don't understand what is wrong in it? Jupiter Media is a huge company, I think they would be able to afford chat room here, wouldn't they?

I don't think its such a matter of affording it as it is of staffing and keeping order in it. You'd need a handful of opers to keep people in line. Quite frankly I don't blame them for not continuing the IRC, it can be a headache and a half to maintain at times. I guess you could try petitioning them or asking them in a email, but I don't think they are going to change their minds anytime soon.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0