Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Scanning

Isn't there a way to deter these people from being such a pain in the a$$?

The 2 ppl who scan me the most have open ports, is there any exploits available to use these open ports to reap any revenge. They are scanning me to see if im open, if i was, they would phucked up my computer - they need teaching a lesson !!

also this 1 :-

This guy, excuse my language, is just taking the piss.

Im not worried about anything happening to me, im just pissed off at this guy for being such an ass, there must be a way to teach him a lesson !!

from what i see in pic #3:

Recent intrusion attempts 6. six attempts is hardly an indication of an attack. it does not say what ports it tried to connect too what protocol...nothing. does norton keep a log that may be more in depth?

Nortons use of the word "Attack" (IMO) is to maximize in your mind the need for norton. Without more infomation on these so called "attacks" you have no idea what is really going on.

i think your really getting yourself worked up over nothing and any act of retaliation might be the only real attack that ever happened.

Get some more infomation. Use a another firewall if this is all its going to tell you. your gonna wind up getting your self in deep dew-dew if you dont. but if you must do something write the 2 addresses below.

Dig 250.227.175.195.in-addr.arpa@198.6.1.2 ...
    Authoritative Answer

Query for 250.227.175.195.in-addr.arpa type=255 class=1
    195.175.227.250:

250.227.175.195.in-addr.arpa PTR (Pointer) mstr195175-37881.dial-in.ttnet.net.tr

TechPhone: +31 20 535 4444
    TechEmail: nicdb@ripe.net

216.32.203.110:

Query for 110.203.32.216.in-addr.arpa type=255 class=1
    110.203.32.216.in-addr.arpa PTR (Pointer) 216.32.203.110.press-host.com
    203.32.216.in-addr.arpa NS (Nameserver) ns1.choopa.com

abuse@exodus.net
    203.32.216.in-addr.arpa NS (Nameserver) ns2.choopa.com
    ns1.choopa.com A (Address) 207.99.82.100
    ns2.choopa.com A (Address) 146.20.36.5
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by pskyboy
    This is one of the reasons i disagree with making port scanning illegal, i mean its not illegal to dial every extension and see if you get a connection so why should it be illegal to search for ports on a machine.
    actually this anologous to Telemarketing - and yes its becoming more harder in the US for telemarketers to just call anyone..

as far as port scans tho - i think everyone whose got some inclination to exploring the net has a natural tendency to scan also - curiousity is a natural thing - you give up certain "safety nets" when you connect to the net - just a fact of life - thats like expecting a shark not to bite you when you jump in the water with them - stay on the boat or get a dive cage - people shouldnt be chastised by their ISP for trying to find out what or whose out there in the big black void - granted if your sending out gazillion packets per second, they should shut you down since it affects everyone - like what people say here ..you may just want to lower your firewall's alerting message if it annoys you - or just have fun with it and portscan back while they're scanning you - werks fer me!