Hi, this may seem like an inane question but I would like to know how secure one's Id and info are in chat rooms. I am extremely careful not give out any information and in fact even my registration info for my accounts in chat rooms is not accurate. However, I have noticed that once a person in a chat room asked me how I was doing in the country I reside in at present, although this is not the country I had used in filling out my form, nor had I mentioned it at any time in the chat room...and the other strange thing that happened was someone else in another chat room at another time said Hi to me using a name that appears in a separate account with completely different details. So, for example, although I was in the chat room under one account under the name of Jade, this person addressed me as Jolie, a name I use in another account. How could they have known? Can anyone help me with advice on this. I use all the basic knowledge I have on security but I found those two incidents unnerving...
I'd really appreciate some tips or background knowledge on this.
Thanks.
Pisces.