Thread: Another simple request

Another simple request

Hey you guys at Jupiter Media.... Do you think you could slow this site down just a little bit more by adding some more obnoxiously large ads at the top AND the bottom of the pages? I love to have to scroll passed garbage to read the threads, that is, when they decide to come up....(obvious sarcasm)

How much s-l-o-w-e-r do you think AO can go?

P.S. No it's not a problem with my Internet connection, I noticed the downward spiral for a few weeks. Whatever tweaks you've put in - take out.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

[putting on sarcasm hat] KorpDeath, of course we can always throw some Java applets on the page!!

Seriously, when we started managing the site it was pretty slow, so we moved it to a faster server with more RAM, and put it on a faster pipe, which seemed to speed it up quite a bit. The recent ads have not slowed the site's loading time down at all (that I can tell), though I'm sure those on dial-up connections may have other opinions. We haven't done any tweaks over the last month, but I'll check with our team to see if there have been any changes that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the prompt response.

And BTW I'm not on any dialup service.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

it should be a bit better now KD...had some memory issues floating around that they just cleared up at my request.

Thanks muchly.
    - Samuel Johnson