Thread: My computer is infected with a virus

My computer is infected with a virus

My computer is infected with the W95.Spaces.1445 virus, I checked the symantec website and it says this is a dangerous virus wich will work on the 1st of june. It prevents the computer from booting by editing the bootsector. Is it possible to remove the virus without formatting my disk/is the problem solved just by adjusting the date of my computer. Symantec doesn't give enough info. 260 files were infected...now reduced to 1 file wich I can't prevent from booting (DDHELP.exe). I used Trend-Micro Housekeeper (online scanner) to scan my pc.

the first thing u should do is to copy the boot files(ass i think )then try 2 remove the virus true the symantic NAV ...

Try downloading AVG and see if you can either quarantine or fix the infected file. Editing the date of your computer wouldn't be the best decision

Well, if you can get a copy of the file off of an uninfected computer, you should boot into dos (command line only) and then you can copy the uninfected version to the old one. First though, you should make a backup copy of your old one just in case.

maybe its time to get an installable AV package and keep it updated. finding out about a virus after your infected is no way to do it. most viruses dont give you any time to stop them. consider yourself lucky...this time
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

clock back your machain and then clock it to 2-06 to stop the verus activity than scan it online
    with mc afee to fix or remove the verus.
    goodluck

I had one problem like that and i boot my computer in "secure-mode" f8 while initializing and search where is the infected file, then try to delete it. Or try to delete it with a .bat file, it always works

How would you scan for this virus?
    it sounds familiar and i might possibly have it also...
    [pong][gloworange]Tool Rules[/gloworange][/pong]